Monday, January 2, 2023

A heartfelt RESOLUTION

 

Psalm 141:4

King James Version

4 Incline not my heart to any evil thing, 

to practise wicked works with men that work iniquity: 

and let me not eat of their dainties.


Another year has begun.

A born again moves forward with CHRIST.

We keep closely to His side, that we may obey GOD's will.

The verse above is a prayer, worthy of meditation.

It speaks of THREE vital things to pray for:

1. "Incline not my heart to any evil thing"

2. Not to do "wicked works with men that work iniquity

3. And "let me not eat of their dainties"


What do these mean?

These Bible versions tell us more:


Psalm 141:4

Amplified Bible

Do not incline my heart to [consent to or tolerate] any evil thing,

Or to practice deeds of wickedness

With men who plan and do evil;

And let me not eat of their delicacies (be tempted by their gain).


Psalm 141:4

Amplified Bible, Classic Edition

4 Incline my heart not to submit or consent to any evil thing or to be occupied in deeds of wickedness with men who work iniquity; and let me not eat of their dainties.


Psalm 141:4

Christian Standard Bible

4 Do not let my heart turn to any evil thing

or perform wicked acts with evildoers.

Do not let me feast on their delicacies.


Psalm 141:4

Common English Bible

4 Don’t let my heart turn aside to evil things

        so that I don’t do wicked things with evildoers,

        so I don’t taste their delicacies.


Psalm 141:4

Complete Jewish Bible

4 Don’t let my heart turn to anything evil

or allow me to act wickedly

with men who are evildoers;

keep me from eating their delicacies.


Psalm 141:4

Contemporary English Version

4 Don't let me want to do evil

or waste my time doing wrong

    with wicked people.

Don't let me even taste

    the good things they offer.


Psalm 141:4

Easy-to-Read Version

4 Take away any desire to do evil.

    Keep me from joining the wicked in doing wrong.

    Help me stay away from their feasts.


Psalm 141:4

Evangelical Heritage Version

4 Do not let my heart turn toward anything evil,

to take part in wicked deeds with men who do evil.

Let me not taste their delicacies.


Psalm 141:4

Expanded Bible

4 ·Take away my desire to do evil [L Don’t incline my heart to an evil matter]

    or to join others in doing wrong.

Don’t let me eat tasty food

    with those who do evil.


Psalm 141:4

1599 Geneva Bible

4 Incline not mine heart to evil, that I should commit wicked works with them that work iniquity: and let me not eat of their [a]delicates.


Psalm 141:4

GOD’S WORD Translation

4 Do not let me be persuaded to do anything evil

or to become involved with wickedness,

with people who are troublemakers.

Do not let me taste their delicacies.


Psalm 141:4

Good News Translation

4 Keep me from wanting to do wrong

    and from joining evil people in their wickedness.

May I never take part in their feasts.


Psalm 141:4

Holman Christian Standard Bible

4 Do not let my heart turn to any evil thing

or perform wicked acts

with men who commit sin.

Do not let me feast on their delicacies.


Psalm 141:4

International Children’s Bible

4 Don’t let me want to do evil

    or join others in doing wrong.

Don’t let me eat

    with those who do evil.


Psalm 141:4

International Standard Version

4 Don’t let my heart turn toward evil

    or involve itself in wicked activities

with men who practice iniquity.

    Let me not feast on their delicacies.


Psalm 141:4

Jubilee Bible 2000

4 Incline not my heart to any evil thing, to do works with ungodliness with the men that work iniquity, and let me not eat of their dainties.


Psalm 141:4

Living Bible

4 Take away my lust for evil things; don’t let me want to be with sinners, doing what they do, sharing their delicacies.


Psalm 141:4

The Message

Don’t let me so much as dream of evil

    or thoughtlessly fall into bad company.

And these people who only do wrong—

    don’t let them lure me with their sweet talk!


Psalm 141:4

Modern English Version

4 Do not let my heart be drawn to any evil,

    to practice wicked deeds

with men who do iniquity,

    and do not let me eat of their delights.


Psalm 141:4

Names of God Bible

4 Do not let me be persuaded to do anything evil

    or to become involved with wickedness,

        with people who are troublemakers.

            Do not let me taste their delicacies.


Psalm 141:4

New American Standard Bible

4 Do not incline my heart to any evil thing,

To practice deeds [a]of wickedness

With people who do wrong;

And may I not taste their delicacies.


Psalm 141:4

New Catholic Bible

4 Do not permit my heart to be drawn to evil,

    or to the pursuit of wicked deeds

in the company of those who do evil;

    let me not share in their corruption.


Psalm 141:4

New Century Version

4 Take away my desire to do evil

    or to join others in doing wrong.

Don’t let me eat tasty food

    with those who do evil.


Psalm 141:4

New English Translation

4 Do not let me have evil desires,[a]

or participate in sinful activities

with men who behave wickedly.[b]

I will not eat their delicacies.


Psalm 141:4

New International Reader's Version

4 Don’t let my heart be drawn to what is evil.

    Don’t let me join with people who do evil.

    Don’t let me eat their fancy food.


Psalm 141:4

New International Version

4 Do not let my heart be drawn to what is evil

    so that I take part in wicked deeds

along with those who are evildoers;

    do not let me eat their delicacies.


Psalm 141:4

New Life Version

4 Do not let my heart turn to any sinful thing, to do wrong with men who sin. And do not let me eat their fine food.


Psalm 141:4

New Living Translation

4 Don’t let me drift toward evil

    or take part in acts of wickedness.

Don’t let me share in the delicacies

    of those who do wrong.


Psalm 141:4

New Revised Standard Version, Anglicised

4 Do not turn my heart to any evil,

    to busy myself with wicked deeds

in company with those who work iniquity;

    do not let me eat of their delicacies


Tehillim 141:4

Orthodox Jewish Bible

4 Let not my lev incline to any evil thing, to practice wicked works with men that work iniquity; and let me not eat of their dainties.


Psalm 141:4

The Voice

4 Don’t allow my deepest desires to steer me toward doing what is wrong

    or associating with wicked people

Or joining in their wicked works

    or tasting any of their pleasures.


Psalm 141:4

World English Bible

4 Don’t incline my heart to any evil thing,

    to practice deeds of wickedness with men who work iniquity.

    Don’t let me eat of their delicacies.


Psalm 141:4

Wycliffe Bible

4 Bow thou not [down] mine heart into words of malice; to excuse excusings in sin. With men working wickedness; and I shall not commune with the chosen men of them. (Help thou me not to turn my heart to words of malice; to make excuses for sins, and for those who do evil. I shall not commune with their chosen ones/I shall not feast with their chosen ones.)


Psalm 141:4

Young's Literal Translation

4 Incline not my heart to an evil thing, To do habitually actions in wickedness, With men working iniquity, Yea, I eat not of their pleasant things.


We are not to partake of the evil life, with evil men.

We are not to partake of their corruption.

We are to remain in CHRIST alone.

A PERFECT way to start the year.

Whether it's 2023, or any succeeding year.

Praying that we be worthy of JESUS.

For the RAPTURE is certain.

And it can happen any moment.

On a day, only known to GOD.


Related material:

HOLINESS

GOD's WILL

AWARENESS of sin


Image: Fav Png


MINISTRY of CONSISTENCY

  1 Corinthians 9:7 King James Version 7 Who goeth a warfare any time at his own charges?  who planteth a vineyard,  and eateth not of the f...